Here is a Photoshop tutorial that covers lots of stuff……all of it pretty easy and if you’re relatively new to Photoshop you’ll get a lot out of this.
Basically, we go from the first photo below to the second photo:
Rather than just explain all of the basic tools and menu commands, you get to see them in action in a “real-world” project. In the process, you’ll learn about:
- The Move Tool – keyboard shortcut = ‘V’
- The Clone Tool (Rubber Stamp) – keyboard shortcut = ‘S’
- The Pen Tool – keyboard shortcut = ‘P’
- Intro to Selections
- Paths – Paths Pallette
- Convert Path to Selection – Paths Pallette
- The Direct Selection Tool – keyboard shortcut = ‘A’
- Polygon Lasso Tool – keyboard shortcut = ‘L’
- Transform – keyboard shortcut = ‘command’ + ‘T’ (control + T on PC)
- Warp – ‘file/transform/warp’ or ‘right’-click in the Free Transform tool
- Simple Layers Stuff
If you want to download the same image that I use, corrected for white balance, you can do it HERE.
I realize I kinda gloss over some stuff, but it’s like 35 minutes long so I tried to be thorough yet move quickly. Post a comment if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Tags: beginner, tutorial